Saturday, July 23, 2011

Blast 2 :: Late Night With The Gnomes

Day 2 and I already had missed a post? Hmm, not exactly off to a bright start but I did work on something. A bunch of somethings in fact. A little backstory....
Yesterday was our last day of our almost 2 week visit with 'the cousins' so we were busy busy staying cool and having fun.


Around 9:30, when we got home, everyone was sound asleep so all I had left to do was transport everyone into beds and then get stitching.

Until the universe had other plans.

Now, I managed to get all of the bigger kids off to bed...it was the smaller ones that had party plans with mama. Up til midnight kind of party plans which made posting a little tricky (I have decided to largely post at night... well, other than this exception - being Saturday, I have backup - as my brood are early risers and going from the get go...)

I ended up sitting on the floor next to the bed those littles and I share and popping caps onto some gnomes I had been working on - some for years, and chatting away...I think it went something like this...."It's really late guys...time for sleep...okay sleepyheads...time to go to (yaawwnnn) sleep". She said as she stayed up gluing. I tell you, kids can spot the inconsistencies in a flash..

I mentioned years because for some it was truly that long...see, I make these little guys and their hats and then somehow...the hats never make it onto their heads so I thought this was my this was my chance. I gathered up all the little hatless folk and started gluing. It was perfect really, I needed a quick blast and these guys needed some headgear.


Maybe its my Gemini nature but I always have about 20 projects going on at once and about 2 actually see completion so I am really looking forward to seeing some projects finished. Oh, and today will be a twofer since I will be working on , hmmmm, something today as well - post coming tonight on that one (and a drawing winner if you leave a comment... ;)

And by the way - this is what I found a little after waking today. Little fingers finding new little friends.



Can you spot the gnomes in the flowers?

2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh my.... what a treasure to see those adorable gnomes tucked in the flowers, napping I suspect :)

They are just so sweet. Your helpers did a fine job completing the gnome family!

Kelly said...

They are always eager to help - that's for sure! ;)