Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blast 52 :: Mermaids on my mind


Must be all of this chilly fall air making me think of....Christmas. I know...not so fast, right?

Still, I found myself looking into the basket of yarn that I keep next to the couch and was just itching to whip something up. Kind of funny since, truth be told, I have a ridiculous stash of wool and wool blend yarns for someone who can only crochet a chain stitch (albeit, a mean one ;).

My list of to-dos this winter includes teaching myself how to knit. And also learn a few more crochet stitches. That would be nice. Really nice.

'Til then, I'll whip up some chains and figure out how I can use them. Like...mermaid hair for instance. Now, I know this is not a complete craft that I have finished here but, it is one complete head of hair, for one soon to be competed mermaid doll, for one special little girl. Not to mention that I now have one less ball of yarn in the stash to worry about.  Life's little pleasures....

No comments: