Sunday, August 7, 2011

Blast 17 :: Happiness is ...a well placed pin - Part 2

As opposed to your finding one in your backside...which...has been known to happen around here once or twice.

In all fairness, I do have pincushions - a few of them. But the tricky thing about pincushions? When one is left on the floor...the result of stepping on them (or, heaven forbid, sitting on one) is essentially the same...pain. Seeing these little pin books in the crafty world had me itching to give them a try. With just minutes on hand to whip something up - this seemed the perfect time for saving those backsides.

Super simple - some upcycled wool from my favorite piece of sweater remnants, a couple of pieces of matching wool felt, vintage ribbon and a button and ta da! A little hero in the making. So often it really is the little things...



Nothing snazzy, nothing fancy, but very practical.
Maybe I should have made a little cape as well ;) Perhaps next time...

2 comments:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Happiness really IS a well placed pin. I hate when I lose them and I feel so bad when folks find them on the floor. I haven't made one of these books yet, but maybe someday...

Kelly said...

seems so simple doesn't it? they were always on the bottom of craft list too ;)