Friday, August 26, 2011

Blast 36 :: Another shark toy ~




of the wool felt kind....

One of the biggest things I am finding with this 365 crafting challenge is just how tricky it can be to find moments to craft in. For anyone who seems amazed that I am able to craft something daily - I tell you, I wouldn't be doing it if  I hadn't made a commitment to it! While I am totally loving it (I haven't hit that wall of 'what to make' or the joy being sucked of out the creating process because I had to make something - thank goodness!), I will say that I am completely floored by just how busy life can be and how one must literally carve out time each day to do something they love (or, at least I do, lol!). Whether its waking at 10:30pm and stitching together a new infant toy or working on something piecemeal throughout the day; I grab the moments when I can. Balancing house work, 6 kiddos and their oh so varied needs and challenges and then retaining something for myself that is aside from these commitments is a learning process and shifts daily indeed. As I was telling my husband...this challenge is really about so much more than just crafting....

So while the littlest one did not need a new toy,  I was looking around through a haze of sleepiness and found my sewing basket with just the right supplies. And a new toy was born. She is completely hand sewn (I don't like to run the machine at night...) and made from felted wool interlock, cotton 'skin' and cleaned and carded sheep's wool. Good stuff all around.

Tell me, how do YOU find time for what you love? I would love to hear your stories....



2 comments:

momto5 said...

you know, i don't. well not often enough. i am trying to S-L-O-W-L-Y become an LC, but it seems it will take most of my life time. lol i think maybe i need to rethink how i spend my day. lol

Kelly said...

ha! don't we all sometimes? ;) good luck with the LC! xo